Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sleepless Nights


I've had a string of nice days and restful nights. It's 4:52 am as I write this. I've been up since 12:45 am. The wind is howling and the rain pouring. The boat is bouncing against the bottom which feels hard like sand. I guess the anchor wasn't able to hold us, or maybe it's just that the tide is low. I'll survey the damage once it's light outside. I guess a lot of the country is enjoying this crappy weather. At least it's warm here.

I did finally capture a picture of a dolphin. It's hard to get a picture of them with the latency on the digital camera. I've seen dolphins almost daily since the middle of North Carolina. Some get quite close to the boat. I've been surprised at the small creeks I sometimes find them in. I mostly think of dolphins as ocean creatures.

0 comments: