Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Beaufort Blows


I decided to come down to Beaufort after the tide rose and I was ungrounded. Big mistake. There is next to nowhere to anchor here and protection from the weather blows. There are two small anchorages. The one I'm in is full of derelict and most likely abandoned boats.

From Dozier's Waterway Guide:

The Beaufort waterfront is one of the best on the ICW, offering a wide selection of antiques stores, shops and restaurants within a short walking radius.

If they mean a bunch of knick-knack and t-shirt shops, and a half dozen restaurants, I'm all in. Otherwise, they are smoking crack.

I did walk about two miles and back, to the strip mall area where I bought groceries and some lumber and hardware to make a temporary repair so that I will have two rudders. I'll post a report when I have that done.

Best thing about Beaufort, two dollar shower at the public dock.

0 comments: