Friday, December 21, 2007

Charleston


After spending the day before doing chores, yesterday I got to ride my bike into Charleston for some sightseeing. The town is incredibly beautiful. It's just block after block of the most adorable houses you will ever see. Lots of trees and bushes, some in flower even this time of the year.

The picture is of the old City Market. It's four open air buildings filled with venders' stalls. Most of the stuff was a little too crafty and kitschy for my taste. But it is reasonably priced, and I was able to pick up a few Christmas gifts, including something pretty for my girl.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am all in favor of finding a marina for January with decent bathrooms!

Amy said...

Whoops - I meant to put that comment under the previous post. Seems a little strange under this one.

NautiG said...

Maybe it was a Freudian Slip and the pretty thing you want for xmas is a marina with a nice bathhouse.

Amy said...

Perhaps. But in my conscious mind, I think I'd like something pretty AND a marina with a nice bathhouse. :)