Sunday, December 16, 2007

If It's OK with You


Per the previous post, I've been up since just after midnight. Around 5 am I began to get a sense that the boat was listing. I checked the hull which I felt was sinking, but there was no water in it. I decided that in my exhaustion I was probably hallucinating. Maybe my sense of balance was off. Kind of like when you are in a highway tunnel, and there is no frame of reference, and you can't tell whether you are ascending or descending.

Well the off-balance feeling got more and more pronounced. Dawn and low tide came at about the same time. This was what I found. We dragged our anchor last night with all the wind. This is as hard aground as I've ever been. If no one has any objections, I think I'll stay here a while.

6 comments:

Grampa said...

Well, maybe you can watch the Raven's game at 1 pm.

Good luck with the tide.

Amy said...

Good luck with some sleep, too.

NautiG said...

High tide is around 1pm. I should be free before then. Still pretty windy, but I'm going to try to get down to another creek about a dozen miles south.

If I get any game on the tv, it will probably be Jacksonville v Pittsburgh.

Grampa said...

Go Steelers!!! Unfortunately the Ravens game is being broadcast here, not the Steelers.

NautiG said...

That's really funny. I'm watching the Steelers game. Maybe you should be on the boat and I should be back in Maryland.

Grampa said...

But they both lost. Sad day.