Saturday, December 15, 2007

Crabs for Christmas


I haven't been very successful at living off the bounty of the sea. I've been eating a lot more ham and cheese sandwiches than clam chowder or fish sandwiches. Yesterday, I tied up to a dilapidated dock. When I went ashore to stretch my legs, I found a drainage ditch full of crabs. I may not be the most talented clammer or oysterman, but one thing this Maryland boy knows is crabs. I grabbed my net and scooped these suckers up lickity split. I could have easily scooped up another dozen and more. Maybe that's breakfast this morning.

My favorite xmas album is Crabs for Christmas. Here is the title song: Crabs for Christmas. Oh Little Town of Baltimore is pretty strong, too. The other xmas songs on the album are pretty funny, but the rest of the songs are filler. If you have a Baltimoron in your life, and are looking for a xmas gift for him/her, you won't go wrong with this cd.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Those look better than the ones we had at the Admiral's Den!

NautiG said...

They weren't the best crabs I've ever had (a little light and watery), but food is always sweeter when it's something you've caught or grown yourself.

It's Admiral's Cup, Amy. Don't want to confuse Sandy. Dollar crabs, outside in the Summer by the Broadway Pier, taste pretty sweet too.

Amy said...

I knew I was probably remembering that wrong (I always do)...