Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's 70 and Sunny

I've decided to spend Thanksgiving at the beach. The Outer Banks are just off the ICW. As a happy byproduct of this decision, I'll avoid most of the dreaded Albemarle sound crossing. Although, the weather is supposed to be beautiful today, so I don't think the crossing would have been too bad.

I'll probably spend a few days at the beach. I'm in North Carolina now. I feel like I've actually accomplished something by getting here. I'm starting to believe that I might make it to Florida by January.

There's a long stream of boats traveling South here. I'm very impressed with the etiquette of the power boaters. They zoom up behind you and then power down while passing. Then they zoom up to the next sailboat down the line. The wake still bounces you up and down, but it's not as bad as it could have been. I wish the power boaters in Baltimore were as considerate.

I might do some surfing this weekend, if I can find a reasonably priced wet suit.

If you are traveling this weekend, please be safe. There's bumper to bumper traffic on the icw, and the waves can get wicked crossing the Albemarle sound.

2 comments:

Grampa said...

I really don't know if seagulls make a passable substitution for turkey. Do you have your bow and arrows with you? Enjoy the day and happy Thanksgiving.

NautiG said...

I was visited by a guy in a skiff, a couple hours ago. He wanted to let me know that he would be duck hunting in the marsh that I'm anchored off of. He suggested that I might want to move.

I haven't seen a duck in weeks. I'd love to have one for dinner tomorrow. But I think the guy may have just wanted me out of his creek.