Sunday, November 18, 2007

Anchorages

I like to leave some space between myself and the next guy when at anchorage. It's the same practice as I have driving in traffic. I don't like tailgating (although I don't leave nearly as much space as I was taught in driver's ed, way back when). The problem in both situations is that inevitably some a--hole will pull in between myself and the guy ahead of me. Such was the case last night. When I awoke this morning, I thought my anchor had slipped when I saw the guy so close to me. But no, it was a new boat. And this anchorage is huge, and mostly empty.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So, I don't know anything about boats. I just wanted to say Hi! And that I am glad to hear that you are still alive. And to update you. The Brownies beat the Ravens today, that makes for two losses this season. What's going on in Baltimore? Sadly, the Steeler's lost today.

Okay, good luck with the rest of your trip. From what I have read the rudders are important. I hope you don't them again.

NautiG said...

Welcome aboard, Brianna! I brought a television along for the trip. I don't watch much tv in general, but I do want to watch Sunday football. Sadly, I have yet to watch a game. Yesterday, all I could get was soccer and some 70s rerun.

Maybe that's a good thing, seeing as how the Raven's are imploding this year. Age does catch up with you. And a lot of their players are long in the tooth.

Grampa said...

Scott, you don't know what age and long in the tooth are yet.

NautiG said...

In a lock, waiting to be lowered into the canal. How exciting! I've never been in a lock before.

I hope to find out what getting long in the tooth is all about, if this trip doesn't kill me first.

Grampa said...

Scott, I think you have been in a lock before; the Potomac canal, either when you went on it in an canoe or when we took a trip on a barge on it. Maybe not. You portaged the locks with the canoe and I'm not sure you went on the barge trip.

Long in the tooth refers to old farts having receding gums, leaving the teeth looking longer. Live and learn.