Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cooking with Admiral Amy


This was my lunch yesterday. The recipe is to open one can of black beans and one can of diced tomatoes. Cut up one Avocado and mix it all in a bowl. It takes about a minute to make.

Amy made this dish when she was aboard for Spring Break. By chance I had an avocado aboard then. I'm an avocado fiend and buy them whenever I see them reasonably priced and ripe in the supermarket. Usually I just cut them up and sprinkle with salt. It's a high fat, high sodium meal, but still good for you. But that is another rant.

The black bean, tomato and avocado salad is delicious, nutritious and easy.

Amy just started a blog about cooking and photography. I'm sure the picture would be better if she took it with her fancy camera, and the meal more delicious if she made it. I hope her own blogging won't take away from guest blogging here. But if it does, I'll just steal her content and post it here.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks, hon. I'm not sure we have much overlap in our audiences, but I appreciate you sending people my way.

NautiG said...

I'm thinking we are like peanut butter and chocolate.

"Oops, you got chocolate in my peanut butter."

"No, you got peanut butter on my chocolate."

But maybe with half the sugar.

Amy said...

You're plenty sweet for me.