Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cheeseburger in Paradise


Enjoyed happy hour at the Oyster Creek Marina with Kim and Leon and Bob and Ovida (I'm not sure who the guy on the rope in back of us is, or the chick sitting on my head). A lot of the conversation was spent bemoaning our engine problems. Kim and Leon were stuck in Charleston earlier in their trip with engine problems. Bob and Ovida have just fixed theirs, but will be remaining in St A for another month. I feel fortunate that my engine was so quick and easy to fix. But those guys have monohulls with big diesel engines.

I found out that Kim has a sewing machine aboard and has been picking up work making sail covers, biminis, etc. My bimini is again in tatters. Hopefully I can work out some sort of bargain with Kim to get it mended a bit. Bob and Ovida have a blog too: hakunamatatayellowboat.blogspot.com. Try saying that three times fast. Lots of pics of St. A on their blog.

Cross your fingers that my generator head gaskets arrive today.

0 comments: