Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Medium is the Message

I've taken the posts from last year and put them in pdf form.

October Posts
November Posts
December Posts

I've also added them to a "Blog PDF" sidebar which you will see if you scroll down. I think the pdfs are a little more readable than clicking through the blog, if you want to read the blog as a whole. The posts are in chronological order, oldest first, instead of reverse order, newest first. Also, the comments are displayed with the posts, so that you don't have to click through to see them.

The links in the pdfs work, so that if you click on them, you will be taken to the picture, comment section, blog post or wherever in the blog. I left the "post a comment" links in the pdfs. If you comment on an old post, it will be added to the blog, but not the pdf. The pdfs are static. However, I do get email notification when a comment has been posted, so I will read your comment.

The pdfs are a first step towards a book. I have no doubt that the blog will become a book, even if it's only a vanity published book. With the internet it's just become too easy and cheap to publish your own book. So now I've got last year's posts in word processing files and can start to work with them. I still need to work on collecting this year's posts. It's a bit of a tedious process.

0 comments: