Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Banana Puddin'

I can't get the song Banana Pudding by Southern Culture on the Skids out of my head. Except in my head it goes "Banana River, Banana River". This makes even less sense considering that I'm no longer in the Banana River. I'm on the Indian River. Oh well.

Looks like we've got NW winds 10 knots. Perfect weather for a 40 mile sail down the Indian River to Melbourne. I don't need to be there until Friday to pick up Bikini Boat Babe Buffy, so I don't feel compelled to do the whole thing today. But we'll do a big chunk of it. I'll turn on the gps and boatcam so you can come along.

1 comments:

Grampa said...

At 5:30 pm, 3/12/08, it looks like you made it all in one day. You are just north of the Melbourne airport. Just north of the East Eau Gallie Blvd bridge.

From Wikipedia, Eau Gallie was an independent city in Brevard County, Florida from 1857 to 1969 when citizens voted to merge with neighboring Melbourne, Florida. It is now a small district in the north part of the city, near the Eau Gallie Causeway. William Henry Gleason founded the city. From 1874 to 1878 it served as the county seat of Brevard County, Florida. Eau Gallie means "rocky water," named for the coquina rocks along the shore of the Indian River Lagoon.

Watch out for the coquina. They can probably do a number on your hull.