Sunday, January 6, 2008

Muffy Here


Muffy here. Scott has asked me to take over some blogging responsibility while here. Considering some of the other tasks that need doing around here (like cleaning out the sewage line), I'm happy to contribute in this most undisgusting task.

I promise (especially to Grampa) that there will be discusison of boating and the marina, but for this post, I think I just need to pay tribute to Cap'n Scott's skill at having the good life on a boat. Once, when I was living in a small apartment in Amherst, a friend told me that she had much more respect for my cooking skills once she saw my teeny tiny kitchen. Same goes here for Cap'n Scott. This boat is pretty small, but in the last twenty-four hours, he's proved that one can be a good host in cramped quarters.

I have been comfortable, warm and well-fed. Dinner last night was grilled chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans and gravy. All made using a propane grill and a two-burner propane stove, and only using one at any time (since they use the same propane tank). He also did the dishes. All this in a space not much larger than a closet, and without running water.

Scott fixed the water lines today, so there is now running (cold) water. There is electricity too, but both of these feel a little superfluous, since he's managed to survive most of his trip without them. Although it is nice to be able to watch the NFL playoffs together.

This picture is of Scott wearing two of his Christmas presents from me. He will post about his Christmas present from Grampa when he installs it, but it is wicked cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy & Scott -

It's nice to read that you're having such a nice time down there!

The photo of Scott is excellent and now those of us who've never seen him before (he's always behind the camera) have a better idea of who he is.

Today here in Chapel Hill the weather was a fantastic 66 so I'm sure that it was even better in your latitudes.

Enjoy the warmth!

Ross

Amy said...

Hi Ross!

Yes, it was beautiful here as well, in the low 70s. Which was a nice change from the below freezing weather the night before!

Scott is a little Garbo-esque with his online privacy, but I think this is a nice picture of him too.

Amy

NautiG said...

Amy has a new slr camera. So I'm getting used to the steady clicking sound of the shutter. I am ambivalent about having pictures of me on the web, especially pictures of me in my "Captain Gladiator" outfit. It begs for a bad photoshop.

The wetsuit is really cool (warm) though. I can't wait to try it out. Also wanted to acknowledge that I have received a couple of items on my wish list. I wanted to use the "strike" html tag, but google won't let me for some odd reason.

Anonymous said...

To the Capt. and the First Mate
Glad you guys finally got to hoook up. Nice of youall to leave the marina. Even though your nebs. could have yoused the entertainment.........
Slappy New Year again now that you are together........
Capt. you look buff... or was it all for the camera?
Have Fun --- See Ya

Still wondering who it is
Hint: #3 is now in the freezer

NautiG said...

Maryanne needs to toss you in the freezer. Congrats on the deer.