Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day -1

I apologize for the infrequent blog posts. I've been busy playing with the boatcam and stocking up before I leave the marina tomorrow. One of the last items I need to get is a spatula. I've been flipping my morning egg with a spoon. I'm getting quite good at it, but I'd prefer to use a spatula.

I'm convinced that one of my boat guests this month coveted it, and absconded with it. Of course, I'll probably regret the accusation when I find it in some crevice a month from now. You'd think it would be hard to lose things in such a confined space, but earlier in the trip one of my tennis shoes went missing for several weeks before it turned up under a bunch of crap in one of the lockers.

Probably won't go very far tomorrow. I'm sure something will break, or I'll have forgotten to pick something up from the store. I'll try to start up the engine today. Haven't ran it for nearly a month.

4 comments:

Grampa said...

Maybe you should start a vote for how many spatulas you will lose.

Nice view with you sailing, but it looks like you are at anchor at 2:30 pm.

NautiG said...

Am I going to get a lot of guff now that people can can see what's happening on the boat? I can turn the camera off, if that's going to be the case ;)

I think I mentioned in an earlier blog post that plan A is often to be at anchor by mid afternoon. Too much crap happens that thwarts plan A, and I don't like being out on the water in the dark.

That said, if you are craving adventure, we are going out into the Atlantic ocean tomorrow. For most of the day. And (gasp) I'll probably raise a sail or two.

Grampa said...

That wasn't guff; it was a complement combined with an observation.

Looked like the sky was getting dark; rain on the way?

Good luck on the open seas.

NautiG said...

No rain. Weather is Sunny and in the 60s. The boatcam is wearing two pairs of sunglasses right now. The picture gets really washed out in direct sunlight. The only way I have to fix that is to rubber band one or more polarized lenses to the cam. The setup is pretty funny looking. It's one of my duct tape and baling twine fixes.