Thursday, January 3, 2008

Frigid Mermaid


It's cold here, just like a lot of other places.

I'm just futzing about the boat, cleaning. I just feel better about life when my surroundings are clean and orderly. Also installing the cleaned head. The wooden base which it was attached to had rotted. I was fortunate to find a piece of replacement plywood about the right size on the boat. I don't have my sawz-all on the boat to cut a piece to size. There are a bunch of tools at home which I wish I had on the boat. Oh well.

I added a google news feed to the blog. It displays google news items about sailboats. So far most of the items seem to be about sailboats sinking. I guess sailboats only make the news if there is some sort of disaster. I'll remove the news feed if it gets too depressing.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Glad it will warm up in time for my visit!

All packed and ready to hit the road at dawn.

NautiG said...

You know I'm going to do a post about us getting reacquainted after a two month separation? I'll try not to make it too graphic.

Anonymous said...

If you still have the victim in sight, it's only a pan pan (unless it's me, then protocol be damned!) I work on a commercial ship. I'm glad to hear the wind has died, it was brutal offshore today. We did have a few snow flurries.

Some Gemini owners are trying to arrange a Central Florida raftup in the next couple of months, hopefully you and Amy will be in the area.

Anonymous said...

Oops, almost forgot. A MARB is a Marine Assistance Request Broadcast. If you hear one of these, (usually from the Coast Guard) That's someone asking for help. You can help out if you are able, if not, most of these are picked up by Sea Tow or Boat US. In which case, break out the checkbook.

NautiG said...

Hey Carla,

I saw the messages about the raft up on the Gemini forum. If I'm in the area, I'll definitely join up. Unfortunately, Amy has to go back to work in February, so it'll probably just be me and the boat.

Stay warm. If it gets any colder here, I'm going to have to break out the ice skates and hot cocoa.

Scott