Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Triathlon


Moved over to a St. Augustine anchorage in Salt Run. This place is much more my speed. The beach is yards away. This morning I kayaked ashore, did a morning jog on the beach, and then a swim in the ocean (in my Captain Glad Outfit).

There's a public boat ramp where later I went ashore on the town side and picked up some supplies. Boat ramps have been a real godsend on this trip. With my draft, I can often tie up to offload my bike or weather a blow. I should have been here and done that earlier. I could have easily biked to downtown St. A for any adventures. Today, I kayaked over and some nice folks at the yacht club let me fill up some water jugs.

Per Grampa's comment on the last post, there has been some brief wicked wind today. More is coming soon. Maybe I'll see a tornado. I'm tied up to a mooring, and I have my new anchor out.

Pic is a dead manta ray. I encountered one every hundred yards or so along the beach this morning. Not sure what that's about.

2 comments:

Grampa said...

Maybe precursor of red tide. But I think this is the wrong season for that. Heard about a massive power failure in FL today. But that won't affect you, now that your generator and batteries are back up to snuff.

NautiG said...

Electrical is a work in progress. We're still limping along as I get things in order. But I'm still connected to the interwebs, so things can't be all that bad.