Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Come Sail Away

I've been working on a rewrite of NautiG. The present version has become a bit bulky and slow. I've got a stripped down, simplified version in the sidebar now. If you click on "Enlarge", it will take you to a version where you can zoom in and see gps info. I wanted to get something up there for tomorrow's sail.

Tomorrow we're going to Daytona Beach. It's a long way. 60 miles or so. It will be a personal distance record. I imagine we'll reach Daytona sometime on Friday. There are no inlets along the way, so if we anchor it will be in the ocean. Winds tomorrow are predicted northerly 10-15 knots.

I'll try to keep the gps and webcam online. But if they aren't, don't worry. I'm fine. Hope you enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi scott;

I've never been in Ponce Inlet so I shouldn't really give advice. I have always run from StA to Dat on the inside. Ponce is ~10 miles S of your target so that's an extra 20 miles to run to get there.

Now, out of the other side of my mouth, with an offshore North wind you could probably hug the coast and have an exciting sail down.

Nevertheless, I would opt for the inside route, all factors considered.

NautiG said...

Yah, but the wind is free and I've got my new rudders, so on the outside we shall go. Besides, it is a SAIL-boat. It would be nice to do some sailing.