Sunday, February 10, 2008

Moorings


As mentioned, I took a mooring the other day. I wasn't sure how this would work out. A mooring is usually a sunken piece of cement with a line/chain and buoy attached. It's more stable than an anchor. It's hard to drag a mooring. But I wasn't sure how I would motor up to the mooring and snag it singlehanded. Turned out not to be a big deal. I just motored along side, grabbed it from the cockpit with a boat hook, and tied off on a stern cleat. After we were settled, I transferred it to the bow.

In other news, Muffy's flying down for Spring Break. We'll be cruising around the Cocoa Beach area. No Hilton Head marina for Stuffy Muffy this time. She's demanding a new nickname for this trip, seeing as how she will be roughing it on the boat. Any suggestions? Also, I think there is another shuttle launch scheduled for early March. If true, I should make this one.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Ahem. I don't think I was ever stuffy. It was *Fussy* Muffy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott,
ok - I cannot help myself. Here are a few suggestions for the two of you to think about as a possible new nickname.

My Muffy
Muffy Mate
Tuffy Muffy

Fred now got into it and offered

Sunny Muffy


Thats it for now. If we think of any others, we will let you know.

Rose

Amy said...

Rose-

These are excellent - I'm feeling less fussy already!

A.

Anonymous said...

This shold work well for a low cost Captains chair.......

http://ww4.harborfreight.com/zcom/product/Product.do?compid=100&itemNumber=94072

Anonymous said...

Long string truncated so trying again.......
http://ww4.harborfreight.com/
zcom/product/
Product.do?compid=100
&itemNumber=94072

NautiG said...

Thanks Anon. I'll add that to my wish list. I need to add a little 12 volt fridge to the list too. Maybe I'll order both when I get settled a little further south.

The rudder cages arrived today, so I'll scratch those off the list. Thanks Andy! I'm making a plan of attack for installation tomorrow.