Monday, June 2, 2008

Ready?


Girlfriend aboard, aka Little Blonde Distraction (LBD)

Storage space cleared for LBD, so she won't be so cranky.

Girlfriend's car parked at Grampa's house for the summer.

New anchor purchased.

New main halyard installed.

Boat power-washed. First shower boat and I have had in a number of months.

Leaky hatches removed, cleaned, recaulked and reinstalled.

Engine tuned and sounding better. No more misses or dying.

New fridge purchased for 3rd floor tenant.

Minor house maintenance completed.


I think we're ready.

Thanks to Glen and Maryanne and their clan for Memorial day crabs and birthday cookie. It's been ages since I've blown out candles on my bday.

Thanks to Grampa for storing LBD's car and giving us a ride back to Bmore.

Thanks to Mike at my old marina for hooking me up with electricity again.

Thanks to Sandy and Dennis for the new knives and fisherman tools (seen in the pic). Now I just need to catch something.


Winds are predicted calm and then southerly tomorrow. I was hoping for a short shakedown sail tomorrow. But if things go well, we may make some miles up the bay. I'll try to get the boatcam and gps online for the sail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Capt. and your LBD (Sorry Amy)
That's so you and good for him.
Well your on your way. Glad you got some nice new knifes cause I think the L(brown Hair)D on my side
Thought that you needed one less knife on your trip after our going away party on your boat. Have another wine my LBD. See didn't know. Please forgive her (This time?).
When we see ya again it will be back at you.
Glad you guys enjoyed the party at my place for mem. day.
Looks like this rain is here for Wed. - Hope you find some were to hang out. Good Winds - OS

NautiG said...

OS,

Yes, Maryanne absconded with my favorite knife. But we're pretty well stocked on knives now. In addition to giving me the fish cleaning kit, Dennis sharpened my remaining knife. I'll have to stow it securely if we hit rough weather. It could seriously hurt someone if it went flying.