Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Home Sweet Home



I spent the first few nights back in Baltimore, tied up to the Broadway Pier in Fells Point. Checked up on my house, and did a bunch of laundry.

Today I cruised over to my old marina. I hadn't called in advance, but figured they would have room for me. I motored down my old pier, and my old slip was empty. Hurray! My neighbor in the photo is still here, as is Bill, the old coot who helped me get the boat in shape for the cruise. Sadly, my buddy Mike in the slip on my other side, is gone until June. But his boat is here, and Bill ran an electric line from Mike's boat for me. Guess I'll have to buy Mike another case of beer.

Seems like nothing has changed since I've left. Except they're replacing the decking on the piers and installing new electrical pedestals. I hope they're not going to start raising the rates at my trailer park marina. Even if they are, the dockmaster was nice enough to pro-rate my slip fee for the couple weeks I'll be here. Nice.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Nice. Have they fixed the toilets in the trailers or is there still a port-a-potty? (She asks with great interest...)

NautiG said...

Sorry, plumbing does not seem to be as high a priority as the electrical work and carpentry.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures when we catch up with you at the end of June.