Thursday, August 7, 2008

Take Out the Garbage


Per Grampa's request, a new post. I don't have much to write about though. Spent yesterday cleaning one of the apartments after a tenant moved out. Had dinner at the Helmand in Baltimore and enjoyed sleeping in the air conditioned apartment last night. Looking forward to watching the Ravens pre-season game tonight.

Ominously, I received an email from Google stating that they've identified my blog as a potential "spam blog" and will shut it down in two weeks. The email had a link to request a review, but the link doesn't work. I'm trying to contact them, but they don't make it easy. So, if the blog disappears soon, you know why.

Pic is from a year ago when I had just bought the boat. Things don't look too much different, except for some wear and tear, and new rudders. But the boat is back in that same slip. One of the guys at the marina said they think the boat is like a homing pigeon to that slip.

4 comments:

Lou and Meg SV *Starrider* said...

Hello Scott (and Amy),
I have mixed feelings right now. I am very happy you have made it safely back to "home" port, and you are spending some quality time with that sexy siren of yours (Amy). But glad to hear you will be keeping the boat and going on some future journey. I will miss reading about your daily travels, handling equipment failures and watching the boatcam at lunch time. I was very happy to meet you both and hope our paths will cross again someday.

I wanted to thank you for all the helpful information you posted, it helped us greatly on our trip down the East River. You can read about it here
http://sv-starrider.blogspot.com/
We posted a video there of a small part of the trip. Good luck to both of you.

Take Care,
Louie & Meg

NautiG said...

Hey Lou,

I posted today. I might continue posting random things as they strike me. I might have a post in the next couple days about reviving my truck which had been sitting in Grampa's yard for the past nine months.

I enjoyed your blog post about the trip to Long Island and back. Bummer about getting seasick. I'm pretty careful these days about when I go out in the ocean. Although I generally don't get seasick, I don't enjoy rolling around in big swells all day. The trade off is that I often have to motor. From your video, it looks like you had some good sailing.

Lou and Meg SV *Starrider* said...

Scott,
Yes, we had great sailing, in fact once we entered Great Bay, we sailed the entire way there. On the return trip, between no wind and wind and current against us we had to motor sail more then we would have liked. But you well know about that. I think the rolling seas you speak of is what got me sick (see Amy and I have something in common), lol. Once I found out which medication worked, it was no longer an issue as the rest of the downwind trip to Montauk did not phase me.

And things just don't break on your boat. The wind generator crapped out after the first day at sea, and at Port Jefferson the motor for the anchor windlass died.

Good luck with the truck, will enjoy reading about it. Glad you liked the video.

Take Care, Louie & Meg

NautiG said...

Wind generator, anchor windlass? What are these things you speak of?

I suppose I would enjoy repairing them, if my boat and I had any acquaintance with them.