Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day:-12 Lat:39.28 Lon:-76.58


A strong gale blew through last night. It blew me across my anchorage. I was cursing my choice of anchorage. It's a spot I pass every morning when I go for a run. I've never seen boats anchored here, but thought it looked like a great spot. Boats are always at another anchorage about a quarter mile away, by the safeway.

Anyway, I motored to the windward side of the anchorage and tied up to a deserted pier at a new marina and condos. When I weighed anchor this morning, there was no anchor to weigh. The picture is of the anchor earlier in the day when I dredged up an oyster from the harbor. Wish I had gotten the connection to the chain in the picture, so I could see the weak link, but I was focusing in on the oyster. If it wasn't from the baltimore harbor, I would have eaten it. I wouldn't swim in this water, let alone eat anything that came out of it.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good thing you have that spare anchor!

You do have a spare anchor, right?

NautiG said...

Now I don't. Bill had offered me one a few weeks ago, but I was all stocked up and told him I didn't need one. Just talked to him, and I can choose among the three he has for a spare.

Grampa said...

Papa Guapo says that it looks like your time line is in reverse. Day 12 comes after 13 and 14.

Papa Guapo also says thanks again for your expert help on barn repair.

Everyone needs an anchor!!!