Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kyle and Maryanne Made It!

And they added my Yotreps widget to their blog. I'm honored. The widget doesn't exactly fit in the sidebar of their blog. I forgot to mention that the dimensions of the widget can be changed. Just fiddle with the width and height numbers in the code below until you find the appropriate size for your map.

<iframe
width="265" height="260"
src="http://nautig.com/wc/tracker/yotrepsHTML.pl?callSign=AI4QI&width=250&height=200">
</iframe>

I'm working on an update of my NautiG/Boyfriend Tracker/Nautical Chart GPS program. Hopefully I'll have something to post about that next week.

2 comments:

Ross said...

Reading of all their 'adventures' made me glad that I was home sitting in front of my computer. On the other hand their Antigua photos are looking very attractive now that we've got 40 degree days here in NC.
How about all those breakdowns?!! Reading about all their troubles in the headstay department made me wonder if the rigging on the Gemini is undersized and/or has any other systematic type problem. They could have so easily lost their rig.
Your tracking software is (as usual) really great.

NautiG said...

Yah, I wish I was down there with them. But if I had tried going offshore in my boat, like they did, I'd bet me and my boat would be at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean.

My old Gemini has some pretty pathetic hardware attaching the rigging to the boat. I've been meaning to install some backing plates, but have procrastinated about it.

I assume newer Gems have sturdier rigging, but I still think it's more of a coastal cruising, rather than a "blue water" boat. Of course, Maryanne and Kyle would have a much more informed opinion.

Thanks for the kudos on the software. I've been busy working on a new version of NautiG. I'll post about it as soon as it's done. Hopefully that will be this week, but that may be a little optimistic.

And I haven't forgotten about sending out copies of the book. I've been procrastinating about it, but promise to send them out soon.