Monday, October 27, 2008

Sarah! Sarah! Sarah!


Amy emailed me this morning that Sarah Palin was coming to our town today. Regardless of her politics, there is something about a woman running for vice president, who hunts and fishes, and was a former beauty queen, which pushes some buttons in my male "joe sixpack" psyche. Amy seems to tolerate my fascination with Sarah Palin, and I guess by emailing me about the event, she also indulges me.

I brought a camera with me, and had visions of getting a photo of Gov. Palin and me together. The reality turned out to be me standing in the cold rain for an hour elbowing a bunch of cold, wet conservatives for a good view. She spent most of the visit indoors, but came out to greet the crowd briefly before leaving. Disappointingly, the best pics I got were some blurry photos of her waving as her bus passed by.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I was waiting to come home to a new news icon, "Scott the Sailor" instead of "Joe the Plumber."